Two years ago my brother rescued a litter of puppies and we helped find homes for all of them. Although I wasn't necessarily ready for a dog, I decided to adopt one. Little did I know this little thing would be such a monster!
I blogged about it a few years back, but here's a recap again. When Coco was about three months old she ate my bra. Like ate it, ate it. I had no idea until several days later when she stopped eating or drinking. After taking her to the vet we found out that she had a bad blockage and her stomach had actually ripped open and she was essentially leaking. We had to make a big choice: surgery or putting her to sleep. I was too in love so I decided to go with the surgery that cost thousands of dollars and only provided her with a 50/50 chance to live.
In the end she had a foot of intestines removed, and the vet had to cut into five pieces of it to get clogs out. Things were iffy for awhile but she made it! She still has issues AND EATS EVERYTHING but overall she's great. I mean, look at that face!
Now she's 2 1/2 and 60+ lbs (she thinks she's still 15 ad a lap dog) of orneriness and I love the crazy thing!