To celebrate a birthday, two of my friends and I decided to do something a bit different and decided on whale watching in Newport Beach. We went with Newport Landing Whale Watching, located in the Balboa Island/Peninsula area. If you love being out on the water and sea life, this is am awesome activity!
Shh don't tell Beach Patrol, but we snuck in some pre-sail bubbly to celebrate the birthday girl! And then we continued drinking when we got on the boat. Ha.
Unfortunately we didn't see any whales the whole trip. Wah! BUT, we did see seals sunbathing and so many dolphins! It was unreal. They swarmed our boat and were swimming along with us. Pods full of them playing alongside us, jumping in and out of the water. We even saw quite a few babies!
Since pictures don't do the dolphins justice, check out this short 15-second video I captured.
- If you grab food beforehand, try Newport Landing. It's located on the Balboa Peninsula, they have tasty options, and they give 50% off coupons for the tour.
- Bring binoculars. We forgot ours and rented a pair for $5 but never used them.
I have more in-depth info about the trip over at Nautical By Nature. If you are interested in taking this tour, be sure to head over there to learn more. Happy sailing!
Your turn! Join the Monday Morning Gossip fun with my co-host Kimberlee of I Have a Degree in This and me. Here's how it works:
1. Blog about your gossip - all topics accepted so why not link up?!
2. Include the badge (below) in your post and/or link back to our blogs.
3. Add your link to the list below.