Yeah, I know. I am late. But this was too good not to participate! The lovely Meghan of The Perfect Compliation Tape is hosting a weekly link up every Thursday and I already scheduled a post that day, so now I'm joining in on the fun! This week Meghan posted all about her top five most memorable songs, so I'm stealing her idea - thanks girl ;)
5. Get Low by Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz: At 21, I was in my last year of sorority and had a core group of Delta Zeta sisters and we would hang out with our favorite fraternity boys each week. That year it seems like when the group got together, this song was in heavy rotation.
4. (You Drive Me) Crazy by Britney Spears: In high school I was anti-Britney (I really liked her in secret shh!) and pro pop punk. Despite that, I still rocked out to this song because we'd blast it in our gym as we warmed up before our varsity volleyball games!
3. Santa Monica by Everclear: It's Jr. High and I am just getting into alternative music. Alternative was the scene and this was my favorite song. To this day, if this song comes on the radio I will not change the channel.
2. Just a Girl by No Doubt: I'm in 7th grade and have my core group of girl friends. Gwen becuase our idol. Pretty soon we were all wearing rainbows and wide legged jeans. We even spent hours putting our hair up in braided buns and trying to replicate her fingerwaves from the Don't Speak video.
1. Down by 311: It's THE song that introduced me to my beloved band. I still remember the day I heard it. MTV was on in the other room and this crazy mixture of all types of music was playing. I was so intrigued I had to see what it was. And that's when I set eyes on Nick Hexum. From that day on I was in love with the band and the lead singer!
You should def check out The Perfect Compliation Tape if you are unfamiliar with her wonderful blog!
Have a great weekend and be sure to check back next week for a giveaway worth over $500...no joke! It's a great one!